2 egg whites
100g caster sugar
150g ground almonds
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven on gas mark 3.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the caster sugar and whisk until peaks are stiff and shiny.
- In a separate bowl mix together almonds and lemon zest.
- Fold the meringue into the almond mixture.
- With a teaspoon spoon the mixture, well spaced onto the baking trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled and dried, store in an airtight container.