Simple and rustic
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Line a 20 cm pie dish with pastry and blind bake until the base is firm.
- Remove from oven, set aside and turn the temperature down to gas mark 4.
- Halve and slice the apricots.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the maple syrup then apricots. Stirring occasionally cook until translucent - a knife should go into the flesh with ease.
- Use a draining spoon to transfer the fruit into the case.
- On a high heat boil the juice/syrup mixture that has remained in the pan until there is only a few tablespoons left, spoon over the apricots.
- Cover the tart edges with kitchen foil to prevent burning. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the apricots have coloured.