750g new potatoes, halved
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 thumb of ginger, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
onion, finely chopped
2 tsp tumeric
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli or harissa
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan.
- Fry the cumin and mustard seeds until they begin to pop.
- Add the ginger, garlic and onion - fry until softened.
- Add spices and mix.
- Turn the heat down. Add potatoes and stir to coat with the mixture.
- Cover with water and pop the lid on the pan.
- Stir frequently, until the potatoes have softened. Top up with more water if necessary.