300g salted butter, cubed
300g high quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
450g granulated sugar
5 large eggs, beaten
200g plain flour, sieved
Two 7 x 7 tray bake foil tins
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of barely simmering water.
- Put to one side.
- Beat sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat the chocolate mixture into the sugar and egg mixture.
- Fold flour into the combined mixture.
- Divide the batterinto the two foil tins.
- Place the tins onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes - the brownies will form a crust and a skewer will come out almost clean.
- Leave on a wire cooling tray for a few hours, this will enable the brownies to set.
- Once fully cooled, cut into portions.
These brownies will keep for at least a week in an airtight glass jar. They also freeze well. You can also stir in 75g cooking fudge pieces to each tray if desired and cook for 45 - 50 minutes.