240g wholewheat or chapati flour
120ml boiling water
25ml ghee or olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt, add ghee and mix with hands.
- Add boiling water, stir with a spoon and let the mixture sit until it cools.
- Once cooled, knead the mixture to form a smooth dough.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 10 balls.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the balls into a thin circle.
- Heat a dry skillet or frying pan on a medium heat.
- Cook each chapati individually - place into the pan and when it begins to bubble, gently press the edges with a spatula, to ensure an even cook.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Stack the chapati's on top of each other in an oven proof dish with baking paper in-between each layer.
- Cover the dish with a lid and place in a warm oven until oven until ready to serve.