250ml double cream
200g caster sugar
- Put damsons and water into a large pan, bring to the boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer, add sugar and stir frequently.
- When the fruit is reduced to a purée, scoop out the pips and push the purée through a sieve and leave to cool. You should have around 500ml purée.
- Beat together the mascarpone and cream, fold in the damson purée.
- Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours, then churn in an ice-cream machine.
Check the capacity of your ice-cream machine, any leftover mixture can be whipped and folded with broken meringue pieces.