250g yellow spilt peas
1 onion, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1 clove garlic
1/2 litre water
50ml olive oil
- Soak peas overnight.
- Rinse peas then pop into a pan, adding onion, bay leaves, garlic, pepper and water.
- Bring water to the boil and skim off any foam that forms on the surface.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer, stir occasionally and cook the peas until they are very tender and mushy.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Blitz the mixture in a blender, until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add olive oil, blitz again.
- Dust with a little paprika.
- Serve with pitta bread and vegetables prepped for dipping.