450g fine rolled oats
75g soft brown sugar
300g unsalted butter
150g golden syrup
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5.
- Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Mix the oats with sugar.
- Melt the butter and syrup over a low heat.
- Stir in oats and sugar mix.
- Press the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
- Leave the flapjack in the tin, cut it into nine squares.
- Leave in the tin until completely cooled.
Don't use jumbo oats as they are too big to mesh together and you'll end up with granola...just as I did with my first attempt.