800g lamb, diced
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
500ml chicken stock
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 tbsp juniper seeds, crushed
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
flat leaf parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Pre-heat oven on gas mark 4.
- Brown the lamb.
- Fry the onion, celery and carrot until softened.
- Add the lamb and vegetables to a casserole pot*
- Add juniper, rosemary, chilli and tomatoes.
- Cover with stock and cook in the oven for around 3 hours.
- The meat is cooked when it is tender and falls apart.
- Delicious served with mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
* alternatively at this stage you could transfer everything into a slow cooker, with 250ml of stock and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.