couple carrots, diced
couple sprigs rosemary, leaves chopped
handful new potatoes, quartered
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
freshly ground salt and pepper
100g frozen peas
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
- Fry onion and carrots.
- Brown the lamb.
- Add vegetables, lamb, potatoes, stock, tomatoes, rosemary and seasoning. Stir and pop into the oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven, stir through frozen peas and put mixture into a pie dish. Leave to cool.
This is a meal that can be prepared earlier in the day or the day before. Leave the mixture in the fridge and pop on the pie lid on when you are ready for dinner.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Cover the pie dish with a pastry lid, press down firmly and trim off any excess.
- If desired, use the trimmings to decorate the pie lid.
- Make a few little slits in the pastry to let steam escape.
- Brush beaten egg over the pastry.
- Pop into the oven for around 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden.