I don't have an airing cupboard to help bread prove, so I use a cheap bread machine and just use the dough setting.
500g malted brown flour
7g dried yeast
10g sunflower oil
7g sea salt
300ml lukewarm water
- Pop all the ingredients into a bread machine on the dough setting.
- At the end of the programme, punch down the bread and knead.
- Shape and place on a baking tray sprinkled with polenta.
- Brush the bread with oil and leave to rise for a second time.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 8 and placed a roasting tin with water on the bottom.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes. Tap the base, it will sound hollow when baked through.