mussels with chickpeas
1 x 400g tinned chickpeas
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Drain the chickpeas and add to a frying pan with the tinned tomatoes and chilli.
- Give a good stir and leave to simmer.
- Wash and debeard your mussels ('beards' are the thin tendril like bits, grasp between thumb and finger and pull downwards towards the hinged part of the shell).
- Remove any cracked or open mussels.
- Place the rest into a large pan with a splash of water.
- Cover with a lid, and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- The mussels should now be open, remove any closed ones.
- Reserve a few mussels for decoration.
- Remove the rest of the mussels from their shells and stir through the chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Place the ones on for decoration, sprinkle with parsley and serve.