After making homemade nann, I will never buy a ready made one again.
300g white bread flour, plus extra for kneading
150g natural yoghurt
150ml warm water
7g dried yeast
1 tsp salt
clove garlic, minced
fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Add flour, yoghurt, water, yeast and salt to bread machine, use the dough setting.
- When ready generously flour a surface and tip out the sticky, wet dough.
- Knead and dust with more flour as required, until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Divide into four balls and roll each into an oval.
- Leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Melt butter with the garlic, add chopped coriander.
- Heat a skillet on a medium flame and turn oven on to a low heat.
- Brush a nann on one side with the butter mix, then place butter side down onto the hot skillet.
- When browned, brush the other side with butter mix...turn over and cook.
- Place in the oven to keep warm whilst you make the other portions.