400g chicken breast, diced
150g chorizo, diced
300g paella rice
1 pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
100g frozen peas
950ml hot chicken stock
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
- Put a pinch of saffron into the hot stock.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan and fry the diced chicken until browned.
- Add and fry the chorizo until coloured.
- Add the pepper and onion, fry until softened.
- Add the paella rice, stir and heat until the rice is opaque.
- Remove the saffron from stock and add the liquid to the frying pan.
- Stir and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, stir and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.