risotto with paella rice
A little experiment...I fancied risotto but didn't want to spend an age adding stock to rice little by little whilst constantly stirring, so I thought I would combine paella rice with risotto flavours. It worked a treat.
300g paella rice
1 onion or two leeks, finely chopped
150g frozen peas
1 litre chicken stock
75g parmesan, grated
- Heat a splash of oil in a shallow pan, fry the onion until softened.
- Add the paella rice, stir and heat until the rice is opaque.
- Add the stock, leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add peas, stir and leave to simmer for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Stir through the grated parmesan and serve.