I like to make individual pancakes in a one egg frying pan.
2 large eggs, beaten
150g plain or '00' flour
75ml cold water
- Put the flour, milk, water and beaten eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven on a low, warm setting.
- On a medium heat, melt a knob of butter in the frying pan.
- Add a ladle of the batter to the pan.
- When the pancake is blistered and bubbling, flip it over with a fish slice and cook the other side.
- Place on an oven proof plate and pop into the oven to keep warm whilst cooking the rest of the pancakes. Makes around six.
This recipe can also be used to make yorkshire puddings.