500g aubergines, sliced
250g mozzarella, sliced
1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
50g parmesan cheese, grated
Handful fresh basil leaves
- Layer the slices of aubergine in a colander and sprinkle with sea salt between each layer. Leave for an hour.
- Pat the slices dry with kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven on gas mark 4.
- Fry the aubergine slices on a skillet or in a frying pan, until crisp and golden on both sides.
- Make a layer of slightly overlapping aubergine slices over the base of a square or oblong casserole dish.
- Season with pepper. Spoon over some tomatoes. Add a layer of morazella. Sprinkle over some parmesan and basil leaves.
- Continue the layering until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before serving.