4 ripe pears, peeled and chopped
juice 1/2 lemon
250g mascarpone cheese
2 large eggs
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Line a 24 cm pie dish with pastry and blind bake until the base is firm.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Turn the oven down to gas mark 3.
- Melt butter in a small pan, add lemon juice, followed by the pears.
- Cook the pears until translucent and soft.
- Remove the pears with a slotted spoon and arrange in the pastry case.
- Mix mascarpone, eggs, sugar, vanilla and flour together until smooth.
- Spoon the mascarpone mix over the pears and smooth the surface.
- Bake for around 45 minutes, until the filling is golden and set.
Delicious either alone or served with homemade fior di latte.