1kg pork, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 onion, diced
1 celery stick , diced
2 peppers, sliced
1/2 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 litre water
2 tsp black mustard seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp harissa
6 tbsp bahart spice mix
4 tbsp garam marsala
- Brown the pork in a large casserole pot.
- Add and soften the celery, carrots, peppers, onion and ginger.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- Dry fry the seeds, then crush them with the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar, add to the pot.
- Add chilli, harissa, bahart mix and garam marsala - give a good stir.
- Bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to the lowest setting and simmer for around 3 hours, stir occasionally.
alternatively after browning the meat and softening the vegetables, you could transfer everything into a slow cooker, with 500ml of water and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 10 hours.