1kg whole chicken or duck
100g cooked starchy food: buckwheat,bulgur wheat, couscous, lentils, pasta, rice or rice noodles
100g vegetables: finely chopped carrots, courgettes, green beans or peas.
- Put the poultry in a slow cooker along with some whole carrots, thyme and rosemary sprigs. Fill the pot halfway with water.
- Leave to cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on slow.
- Remove the poultry from the pot and when oil enough to handle pull off all the meat. Ensure no bones remain. Should have a yield of around 500g.
- Sieve the broth into a mixing bowl and discard carrots and herbs.
- Add poultry meat to the broth.
- Add choice of starch.
- Add choice of vegetables.
- Stir through.
- Serve cooled.
Will keep for 3 days in the fridge.