roast pork and new potatoes
Usually I parboil my potatoes and cook them separately from the meat, this recipe is ideal for a quick midweek roast.
1kg pork joint (approx)
750g new potatoes, halved
- Preheat oven on gas mark 7.
- Score the fat on the pork.
- Place in a roasting tin and surround with potatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle sea salt over both the pork and potatoes.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to gas mark 6 - cook for a further 25 minutes per 500g (or until the juices run clear).
- Turn and baste the potatoes halfway through cooking.