500g minced beef or lamb
1/2 onion, finely chopped
spice blend of your choice
handful frozen peas
packet of filo pastry
- Fry off minced meat and onion.
- When cooked through, cover with spices, add the peas and mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Cut each piece of filo into eight square pieces.
- Spoon a scant tablespoon of mixture into the middle of a pastry square.
- Wet the edges, fold one corner to its opposite and seal, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Fold inwards any remaining excess pastry.
- Add a second layer of pastry, repeating the process above.
- On a medium heat, heat vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer or wok (fill 2/3).
- When the oil has reached 180 degrees, drop some samosa's into the oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Stir carefully to stop them sticking together and turn occasionally for an even cook.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and pat with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.