spinach and cream cheese tart
Delicious hot or cold, only a sliver is needed
200g cream cheese
50g cheddar cheese, grated
3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Line a 20 cm pie dish with pastry and blind bake until the base is firm. Remove from oven, brush the base with some of the beaten egg and return to the oven for a few more minutes. Set aside and keep the oven on gas mark 6.
- Steam the spinach. When cooked and cooled, squeeze out all the excess water and chop.
- In a large bowl add beaten egg, cream cheese, 25g of the grated cheddar cheese and seasoning. Mix well.
- Stir through the spinach.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case.
- Scatter the remaining 25g of cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until set.