1/2 cucumber, deseeded and grated
1 clove garlic, minced
150g greek yoghurt
1 tsp dried dill
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cucumber in a sieve, sprinkle over sea salt, rest on a bowl and leave to drain for a couple of hours.
- Add the garlic to the olive oil to infuse.
- Squeeze the cucumber dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Transfer into a covered pot and leave in the fridge overnight the let the flavours meld.
- Optional: serve with a sprinkle of paprika, sumac or freshly chopped mint.